Monday, September 28, 2009

Seeing childhood suicide through the eyes of a survivor

BY LORIE O'HALLORAN
The Labradorian


Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me.

This childhood taunt couldn't be further from the truth as children continue to be bullied and now the world of cyber bullying explodes into their lives.

"October 7, 2003 will always be the day that divides my life. Before that day my son Ryan was alive. A sweet, gentle and lanky thirteen year old fumbling his way through early adolescence and trying to establish his place in the often confusing and difficult social world of middle school. After that day my son would be gone forever, a death by suicide. Some would call it bullycide or even cyber bullycide. I just call it a huge hole in my heart that will never heal."

Click here to read more>>

No comments:

Post a Comment